Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The truly brave...

I have received so many precious words of encouragement since the article posted on Live Action and Lifesitenews.com. I have been called brave and courageous and yet, the woman in the video below is truly brave. I never feared that someone would force me to an abortion clinic. I never even thought about having to flee the town I was in or live the rest of my life looking behind my shoulder. I live in a country which allows me to make decisions about my family- whether the road that led me to those decisions was planned or unplanned. I am reminded after watching this, that although we have a lot of things messed up in this country, I am so grateful to live here.

We need to vigorously pray for the women and men in China- they are truly suffering from their lack of freedoms. Their vicious "One Child Policy" has forced MILLIONS of babies to be aborted at all stages of pregnancy....and some while being born--All while the mother's desperately cry for mercy. It's absolutely terrible what is happening there and I am almost ashamed to admit that I hadn't given this situation more thought before now.

Watch the video and pray for this woman and the millions of others just like her. HER testimony is the real one of courage and bravery. God bless her....

Pray also for the persecuted church in China and around the world. I read David Platt's book, "Radical- Taking Back Your Faith From the American Dream" over a year ago and it was really the launching pad for this blog, water project, Haiti trip and shift in thinking. He has what is called "Secret Church" where his church congregation in Birmingham, AL meets with nothing more than the Word of God- no flashy music, no preaching, no comfy pews, etc... they read and pray for the persecuted/"underground" churches around the world- China is one of them. Actually, I read today that more Christians have been persecuted and detained in China than in any other country. (http://www.persecution.net/china.htm) Below is also a video about the "Secret Church".

I know this isn't a "feel-good" post but it's necessary. We need to remember these precious people.


Romans 12:21: "Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil by doing good."


~Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment