Sunday, January 30, 2011

Water Missions International saves lives! (and so can you!)



Our goal was $3,000 in one year. I have a $100 donation pending which brings us to almost $2,300 in 3 months! We need only $700 more to reach our goal and we have 7 months of the project left! I just may get really bold and expand the goal. :-)You can check out the donation site at http://www.firstgiving.co/radicallife and see every single donation. Remember, it takes only $10 to provide someone with clean water FOR LIFE. Think about what we spend $10 on.... some music, a snack at the movies, a new shirt ("but it's only $10!"), a new toy for our kids (that they don't need), a couple cups of coffee at Starbucks...the list goes on.

This has been such an exciting journey. The next vision I have is to meet the people receiving this water. I look at these faces and I want to jump through my computer screen and hug them! God is placing a longing in my heart to "Go!" and I can't wait for that opportunity. The "American Dream" just isn't good enough anymore. I can no longer desire to have more for myself at the price of less for someone else. I want to sow into the eternal and store up treasures in heaven because the treasures on earth will one day mean nothing.
Matthew 6:19-21
“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
19:21 "...Jesus said to him, 'If you want to be perfect, go and sell what you own and give the money to the destitute, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come back and follow me.'"

Enjoy the video above and think about what you are able to give...what you are able to sacrifice and experience the joy in making a difference in these lives...

Be blessed so you may bless....

~Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment